Participation is the name of the game, and also these rules...
You Moustache May:
- Have / Grow a glorious moustache
- Post one image per day1,2
- Participate in frequent shenanigans
You Moustache MayNot:
- Go more than one week without posting.
- Detract from your moustache with other overly prominent facial hair.3
- Be mean spirited, vulgar, or socially inappropriate.4
- Photoshop your images5. Let’s keep it classy.
- Images must be in 4x3 horizontal ratio. If this makes no sense to you it's probably not a concern. Regardless, only upload horizontal images.
- Participation is the key to success here at Moustache May. There are acceptable excuses for not posting but neglect the site too long (say, 3 days) and you'll end up in the Hall of Shame.
- Let's be clear - this is Moustache May. No beards. No goatees. There will be debate over "safety hair" but be sensible; if your moustache is overshadowed by some other facial hair attribute, you are doing it wrong.
- This is very easy to follow: No Drama.
- Color correction, brightness-contrast adjustments, and cropping are all acceptable. No Photoshop Filters or Photo Booth Effects! No added clipart or graphics to images. Make things in a traditional, crafty manner - no digital additions! Curator's decison on over doing it is final word - them's the breaks.
Seldomly Asked Questions:
- Can I suggest a theme day?
- Sure, email Mackle at: michael [at] yewknee [dot] com
- Do I have to follow theme days?
- No but it is certainly more fun for everyone if you do.
- Will having a moustache make me more popular with the ladies?
- How do I get to be “Moustache Mayor”?
- Get the highest vote rating for a day (along with some other super secret math formulas based on your participation).
- Can I be “Moustache Mayor” multiple times?
- I dunno, can you?
- Ugh, MAY I?
- Yes, you may.
- I’m a Girl. Can I participate?
- Moustache May is proud to allow all genders to participate, but remember you must have a moustache, and photoshopping is not allowed. So, if you are a girl and can grow a moustache, by all means, that is something the world needs to see!
- What if I wear some sort of weird prosthetic/handmade moustache 24/7, THEN could I participate?
- Um, yes, I guess, but we'd need hard proof that you are wearing it round the clock. We don’t take our moustaches off, so you can’t either.