Participation is the name of the game, and also these rules...
You Moustache May:
- Have / Grow a glorious moustache
- Post one image per day1,2
- Participate in frequent shenanigans
You Moustache MayNot:
- Go more than one week without posting.
- Detract from your moustache with other overly prominent facial hair.3
- Be mean spirited, vulgar, or socially inappropriate.4
- Overly manipulate your images5. Let’s keep it classy.
- Historically, we've required horizontal images, this year we're going to try to open the floodgates to vertical and square photos as well. Keep in mind, if you abuse the system, you will be punished.
- Participation is the key to success here at Moustache May. There are acceptable excuses for not posting but neglect the site too long (say, 3 days) and you'll end up in the Hall of Shame.
- Let's be clear - this is Moustache May. No beards. No goatees. There will be debate over "safety hair" but be sensible; if your moustache is overshadowed by some other facial hair attribute, you are doing it wrong.
- This is very easy to follow: No Drama.
- While this is a subjective decision we recognize that it's 2011 - image filters and manipulation are par for the course these days. Please don't overdue it. No inverting colors, no laser eyes. As long as it looks like a photo you could have taken with a regular camera, you're good. If it looks like a photo you went nuts in Photo Booth with, you'll be questioned heavily.
Seldomly Asked Questions:
- Can I suggest a theme day?
- Sure, email Mackle at: michael [at] yewknee [dot] com
- Do I have to follow theme days?
- No, but it is certainly more fun for everyone if you do.
- Can't I just email my photo instead of having to use the site?
- Yes, if you send an email From the address you login with To firstname.lastname@example.org the system will automagically post it for you. Do not use this if you're expecting it to be posted immediately, it won't be.
Keep in mind that a strong community is absolutely essential to making this work properly... so, use the site as often as possible.
- Is there a mobile enhanced version?
- Yes, just point your browser here
- Will having a moustache make me more popular with the ladies?
- How do I get to be “Moustache Mayor”?
- Get the highest vote rating for a day (along with some other super secret math formulas based on your participation).
- Can I be “Moustache Mayor” multiple times?
- I dunno, can you?
- Ugh, MAY I?
- Yes, you may.
- I’m a Girl. Can I participate?
- Moustache May is proud to allow all genders to participate, but remember you must have a moustache, and photoshopping is not allowed. So, if you are a girl and can grow a moustache, by all means, that is something the world needs to see!
- What if I wear some sort of weird prosthetic/handmade moustache 24/7, THEN could I participate?
- Um, yes, I guess, but we'd need hard proof that you are wearing it round the clock. We don’t take our moustaches off, so you can’t either.